Online gambling and iGaming in the United Kingdom.
Ever since the ’90s, Online gambling and iGaming has been quite popular in various countries around the world. While the practice of online gambling is frowned upon in many countries and cultures, in some countries, the United Kingdom, for instance, online gambling and iGaming has been an intrinsic part of the social culture for people who participate. The United Kingdom is one of the leading countries in the world with proper, stringent online gambling rules in place to facilitate this popular leisure activity and is home to the highest number of Casinos in the world. The creation of the Gambling Act of 2005 in the United Kingdom dictates all fair and acceptable ways for online gambling and iGaming which ensures all online casinos and iGaming have a license before being operational.
Though online gambling and iGaming has been popular since the ’90s, their popularity has skyrocketed in recent times. More people were enticed by the prospect of iGaming with its visually appealing graphics with lucrative bonus offers.
Impact on the UK’s Fiscal Market
The online gambling and iGaming landscape has been predicted to occupy 29% of the market due to newfound popularity amongst the younger generation. People are eager to see the impact of this statistic on the online gambling community and the ripple of changes it would create on the gambling scene in the UK. While the market shares of online gambling and iGaming have increased in the UK, the UKGC also imposes a 15% tax on the “free betting” feature of these online gambling slots which makes it harder for online gambling companies to maintain a profit while offering lucrative offers to engage a wider set of audience to participate in iGaming.
A Phelothora of Top-Tier Providers Catering to the UK Gambling Landscape
The UK online gambling landscape features some of the best providers and their amazing ensemble of games, along with superior player benefits.
- Top Providers: To name a few, Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Euro Games Technology, VistaGaming, Amuzi, etc are a few of the acclaimed providers showcasing thousands of games across categories of online slots, online Blackjack, Video Poker, Bingo, Keno, etc.
- Credible Licenses: A majority of the casinos operating in the UK are licensed with the United Kingdom Gambling Commission or offshore authorities such as Malta Gaming Authority” / “Gambling Commission of Great Britain” / “Government of Gibraltar.
- Bonuses: Most of the casinos offer a range of No-Deposit and First Deposit Bonuses upto 300%.
- Security: These sites offer superior security measures with SSL encryptions, Firewall protection, and Payment Guarantee. The games have been built with HTML5/ CSS3 technologies which make them responsive across any hand-help devices powered by Android or Apple iOS.
- Auditing Authorities: The games and the casinos are often audited through credible authorities including eCORBA labs, GamCare, or Gaming Laboratories International.
- Responsible Gambling: Most of the top-tier casinos registered under the UKGC support GamBan, GamCare, and GamStop policies.
The online gaming and iGaming landscape in the United Kingdom is an upcoming and exciting one with new players and companies investing and participating to create a profitable and lucrative dynamic that encourages the growth of iGaming prospects in the United Kingdom.